This recipe for Fruity Pebbles Bars comes to us from Fred and Wilma Flintstone of Bedrock, New York. The bars are sweet, gooey, and as colorful as a basket of Easter eggs. They are a cinch to make in just 5 minutes. All you need is a bowl, a spatula, and a baking dish!
To watch me make Fruity Pebbles Bars in the comfort of my own kitchen, just click on the “play” arrow above. Then scroll down for the printable recipe.
To start, drop 4 tablespoons of butter (salted or unsalted) into a large, microwave-safe bowl.
Microwave the butter on “high” until it melts — about 60 seconds.
While the butter is melting, remove and reserve 2 cups of mini marshmallows from a 10-ounce bag.
Add the remaining marshmallows to the butter…
And microwave them on “high” until they melt — 60-90 seconds. Use a spatula to gently stir the marshmallows into the butter.
Now pour 6 honking cups of Fruity Pebbles into the bowl…
And stir until the pebbles are coated with the sticky marshmallow mixture.
Fold in the reserved 2 cups of marshmallows.
Scoop the works into a greased 8×8-inch or 9×9-inch square pan, and gently pack it down with greased knuckles. Let cool for 1-2 hours.
While the Fruity Pebbles Bars are setting up, take your friends Betty and Barney for a walk.
You’re looking at a pan of gluten-free decadence, baby. Once the confetti cluster has cooled, cut it into 16 squares, and enjoy!
Fruity Pebbles Bars are yabba dabba doo-delicious! For the best taste and texture, serve them on the same day you make them.
I think Fruity Pebbles Bars are infinitely better-tasting and definitely more colorful than Rice Krispies Treats. You, of course, might have a different opinion!
Hungry for more? Get my email updates.
Here’s the printable:
Fruity Pebbles Bars
- A greased 8x8-inch square baking dish
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 10 ounces mini marshmallows divided
- 6 cups Fruity Pebbles cereal
- Put the butter in a large, microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on "high" until the butter melts -- about 60 seconds.
- Meanwhile, remove and reserve 2 cups of the mini marshmallows. Add the remaining marshmallows to the melted butter, and microwave them on "high" until they melt -- 60-90 seconds. Use a spatula to gently stir the marshmallows and butter together.
- Add the cereal, and stir to coat. Then fold in the reserved marshmallows.
- Scoop the mixture into the greased 8x8 baking dish, and gently pat it down with greased knuckles. Let cool until set -- 1 to 2 hours. For the best taste and texture, serve the bars on the same day you make them.