Last updated on October 4th, 2021
Please enjoy this recipe from my “Garden Tour and a Cocktail” video that was published this morning on YouTube. The cocktail in question? A thick, rich, uber-refreshing Frozen Strawberry Daiquiri! It’s the ideal signature cocktail for a summertime get-together. Here’s how to make this luxurious poem with just three ingredients:
Frozen Strawberry Daiquiri: The Ingredients
Rum — 4 1/2 ounces (three jiggers). You can use light rum or coconut rum. I favor coconut rum because it lends a tropical touch to a frozen strawberry daquiri.
Fresh strawberries — a handful (about 5 ounces). Besides adding abundant perfume and flavor, fresh berries keep the daquiri from being too thick. Be sure to use in-season berries.
Frozen strawberries — 9-10 ounces. These are for thickening, flavoring, and instantly-chilling the daquiri. You won’t need ice! Store-bought berries are fine. Related post: How to Freeze Strawberries.
The juice of 1 freshly-squeezed lime. This contributes tartness to balance out the sweetness of the strawberries.
How to Make a Frozen Strawberry Daiquiri:
Tip the rum, the fresh and frozen strawberries, and the lime juice into the jar of an electric blender.
Blend at high speed until smooth — about 30 seconds. The puree will be very thick. If you wish to thin it out, simply add more fresh strawberries, more lime juice, and more rum.
Divide this ruby richness among two large or four standard cocktail glasses. Garnish the rim of each glass with a slice of lime and a whole, fresh strawberry. Serve with pride on a hot summer evening.
Thirsty for more? Get my weekly newsletter.
Here’s the printable:
Frozen Strawberry Daquiri
- An electric blender
- 4 1/2 ounces light rum or coconut rum
- 5 ounces fresh strawberries, hulled
- 10 ounces frozen strawberries
- The freshly-squeezed juice of a lime
- Garnish: a slice of lime and a fresh strawberry for each serving
- Pour the rum, fresh and frozen strawberries, and lime juice into the jar of an electric blender. Blend at high speed until smooth and thick -- about 30 seconds.
- Divide the mixture among 2 large (or 4 standard-size) cocktail glasses.
- Garnish the rim of each cocktail glass with a slitted slice of lime and a whole, slitted fresh strawberry. Enjoy this cocktail on a hot summer evening!