Got a question for me? Hopefully I have an answer for you! Here are the FAQs I receive at least once a day, every day:
1. How can I subscribe to your newsletter/email updates? At the end of nearly every post on this site, you’ll find a link that reads “Get My Email Updates.” Click the link, enter your email address, and you’re all set!
2. I stopped receiving your email updates. What happened? I’ll bet you’re using gmail. Several years ago, gmail decided to stick newsletters from bloggers in your “promotions” folder. To move my newsletter to your regular inbox (where you will actually see it!), follow these easy directions.
3. How do I change my email address? To receive updates at your new email address, simply resubscribe. And to stop emails from arriving at your old address, see the proceeding not-too-frequently asked question.
4. Can you unsubscribe me from your newsletter? If you are receiving emails from me, it’s because you subscribed to my website. Click the “unsubscribe” button located at the bottom of any email, and you will be instantly removed from mailings.
5. How do I find a specific recipe or lifestyle post on your site? You can use the “Search This Website” box located at the upper right hand corner on every page of this site. Alternatively, you can take advantage of the drop-down menu that appears directly beneath the site’s title.
6. How do I post a comment on your blog? I love to receive comments! To write yours, first scroll down to the end of the “comments” field. Then enter your name and email address in the boxes provided. Ignore the “website” box unless you actually have a website. Then write your comment, click “post comment,” and you’re all set!
7. What does “awaiting moderation” mean? To avoid SPAM, first-time commenters must be approved by me. You’ll be approved almost immediately. Thereafter, you can comment as often and as freely as you like, and you won’t have to enter your name and email address every blessed time!
8. Do you accept guest-blogs? Nope. For better or worse, this blog is written exclusively by me.
9. Will you publish my “infographic?” Nope. I do not publish other people’s work.
10. I left a Facebook/Twitter/Instagram message for you, but you didn’t respond. Probably I did not see your message. The best way to contact me is through the comments field on this website.
11. Why don’t you include the calorie count in your recipes? To be honest with you, I’m not a calorie-counter. To find nutritional information for any of my recipes, just copy the list of ingredients, and then paste them onto About.com’s recipe analysis page. Be prepared to clutch your pearls.
12. Can I substitute ____ for _____ in this recipe? I’d love to provide an answer for you. In truth, if I haven’t tried your suggested substitution, I can’t guarantee how the final product will turn out. Nor can I write recipes that satisfy every conceivable dietary restriction. Still, I encourage you to experiment with substitutions whenever necessary. And I hope you’ll share your successes (and disasters) with the rest of us!