Szechuan Chicken Sheet Pan Dinner
Chicken thighs, broccoli florets and red onion in a spicy-sweet marinade.
The chicken marinade:
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup Tamari sauce (or, use soy sauce)
- 1 tablespoon rice or white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons (or more, to taste) garlic chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- Grinds of black pepper
- 1 generous tablespoon cornstarch
- 4 skin-on, bone-in chicken thighs
- 1 large red onion, thickly sliced into half moons
- 1 medium head of broccoli, cut into florets
- Olive oil -- a light sprinkling for the vegetables
In a medium bowl, whisk together the marinade ingredients. Add the chicken thighs, and let them marinate for at least 10 minutes. Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 425°F.
Put the vegetables on a large baking sheet and drizzle them with olive oil. Toss the vegetables to coat. Nestle the chicken amongst the vegetables. Pour the remaining marinade over the chicken and vegetables.
Bake until the vegetables have caramelized and the chicken is nicely browned -- the chicken should register 165°F when tested with an instant-read thermometer -- 20 to 25 minutes. Serve with jasmine rice.