Easy Italian Pasta Salad
A colorful main course of rotini pasta, kale, bell pepper, and mozzarella pearls. For best flavor, refrigerate for at least 2 hours (or up to 3 days) before serving.
- 12 ounces tri-color rotini pasta
- 6 cups (approximately) torn, bite-size pieces of curly-leaf kale (not the tough stems)
- 2 red bell peppers, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 large red onion, chopped or diced
- 6 ounces Italian salami, roughly diced
- Sliced black olives from a 3.8 ounce can, drained
- 8-12 ounces mozzarella pearls
- 15 ounces Italian salad dressing (store-bought or homemade)
- Salt and freshly-ground black pepper to taste
Put the pasta and kale in a large pot of boiling, salted water. Cook for exactly 8 minutes; drain. Tip the pasta and kale into a large bowl or casserole. Then fold in the bell peppers, onion, salami, olives, and mozzarella. Pour on the dressing, and then toss to coat.
Cover with cling film, and chill for at 2 hours. Taste for seasonings after the salad has thoroughly chilled. You might like to add more salt and/or pepper.