A fast saute of garlic, almonds, arugula leaves and lemon juice. Divide the mixture between 4 slices of hummus-spread toast for quick and delicious appetizer or casual main course.
- 4 thick slices of bread, preferably from a crusty loaf
- a glug of olive oil
- 3-4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2-3 tablespoons sliced almonds
- 5 ounces baby arugula leaves
- The juice of half a lemon
- sea salt or kosher salt to taste
- 4 tablespoons hummus
Toast the bread, and spread it on one side with the hummus.
Warm the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic and almonds, and saute until fragrant -- about 1 minute. Add the arugula leaves, and saute until the leaves wilt -- about 1 minute. Off heat, stir in lemon juice and salt.
Divide the arugula mixture among the toasts. Serve hot or warm.