Crispy Keto Sheet Pan Chicken
Bone-in chicken pieces coated with mustard, herbs, and zero-carb pork panko. Quick. Easy. Delicious.
- 2 tablespoons grainy coarse-ground mustard
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons thoroughly softened butter
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Salt and pepper
- 3 ounces pork panko (or, use regular breadcrumbs)
- 3 pounds skin-on, bone-in chicken pieces
- Olive oil - a small drizzle for each chicken piece
Center the oven rack, and preheat the oven to 425°F. In a small bowl, combine the mustards, butter, thyme, garlic powder, red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper. Pour the panko into a pie plate.
Blot the chicken pieces with paper towels. Then rub the chicken all over with the mustard mixture, and dredge both sides in the pork panko. Transfer the chicken to a large baking sheet, and drizzle each piece with a little olive oil (to encourage color and crispness).
Bake in the preheated oven until the chicken colors and crisps -- 35-40 minutes. Serve hot or warm with such accompaniments as sauteed spinach or blanched green beans.