Cucumber and Mint Sandwich
A cool and refreshing sandwich for summer eating. Very easy to make!
Servings: 2 sandwiches, or 8 sandwich triangles
- 4 thin slices of good quality white bread
- 2 generous tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- A 3 1/2-inch length of English cucumber, peeled and cut lengthwise on a mandoline to create 1/16-inch-thick strips or "rectangles"
- Salt and freshly-ground black pepper
- 3 large mint leaves, chopped
Generously butter two slices of bread. Top the bread with one or two layers of the cucumber strips. Dust the strips with the salt, pepper, and half of the chopped mint. Close the sandwich with the other buttered slice of bread, and press down gently to seal. Cut off crusts, and then cut the sandwich diagonally two times to produce four sandwich triangles. Repeat the preceding steps with the remaining ingredients.