A surprisingly good condiment for tortilla chips, tacos, and grilled or baked salmon fillets.
Servings: 10 (enough for a party)
- 1 medium-size red onion, finely diced
- 1 medium-size cucumber, peeled, seeded, and finely diced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely diced include some seeds for heat
- 1 mango, peeled and finely diced
- 1 bunch cilantro, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- The juice of 1 lime
Put all of the ingredients in a bowl; toss with a spoon to mix. Taste carefully for seasoning, adding more salt and/or lime juice as necessary.
Refrigerate for at least one hour so that flavors can meld and intensify.
Serve as an appetizer for tortilla chips or as a topping for tacos or baked or grilled salmon fillets.