Maple Salmon Sheet Pan Dinner
A quick and delicious way to celebrate the autumn harvest. Cook time is just 35 minutes. Recipe below is for 2-4 servings.
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time35 mins
Total Time40 mins
- 1 pound cubed and peeled butternut squash
- 1 pound fresh Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved (quartered if large)
- Olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly-ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard (double the amount if using 4 salmon fillets)
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup (double if using 4 fillets)
- 2 (6oz) salmon fillets, skin removed (can use up to 4 fillets)
- Garnish for fish: fresh sage leaves, roughly minced or cut into thin strips
Center the oven rack; preheat oven to 425°F. For easy clean up, line a large baking tray with aluminum foil.
Arrange the squash and Brussels sprouts in a single layer on the baking sheet. Drizzle the veggies with olive oil and sprinkle them with salt and pepper. Toss to coat evenly. Roast the veggies in the preheated for 25 minutes.
While the veggies are roasting, marinate the fish: In a medium bowl, stir together the mustard, maple syrup, and a pinch each of salt and pepper. Add the fish, coating both sides with the marinade mixture. Refrigerate until the veggies have finished their 25 minutes of cooking time.
Move the partially-cooked vegetables to opposite sides of the baking sheet, making an opening in the center of the sheet. Arrange the fillets in open space, and bake until the fish is done but not overdone -- 10 minutes. Plate and serve.