It’s been a newsy week! And my tummy was in knots for most of it. To calm body and soul, I turned to one of my favorite recipes on this site: Bacon, Eggs, Coleslaw, and Cheese. It’s a simple skillet supper for two, and of course it’s divinely delicious! Here’s the video recipe for this keto diet-friendly meal:
Thank you for watching. If you try this easy dish, please let me know how it works out for you!
Wanna see my old photographic step-by-step version of this recipe? Click here.
And…here’s the printable recipe:
A Simple Supper for Two
- 6 strips bacon, cut crosswise in half
- 7-8 ounces coleslaw or vegetable slaw
- 4 large eggs
- Salt and freshly-ground pepper
- A sprinkling of shredded Cheddar or Colby Jack cheese
- A sprinkling of fresh, minced parsley
- Put the bacon in a large skillet. Over medium-low heat, fry the bacon on both sides until brown and crisp -- about 5 minutes. Transfer the bacon to a plate lined with paper towels. Tip the coleslaw into the skillet, and let it cook in the bacon fat until the slaw softens and starts to brown -- 3-5 minutes. Break the eggs on top of the coleslaw. Cover the skillet, and cook until the egg whites are set and the yolks form a light film -- about 5 minutes. Sprinkle the cheese over the eggs, turn off the heat, and cover the skillet until the cheese melts -- 30 seconds or up to 2 minutes depending on how much cheese you used. Scatter the parsley over all.
- Divide the bacon and the contents of the skillet among two plates. Enjoy while hot!