Happy New Year! I hope 2018 brings you health, happiness, lots of romance, and an endless stream of salted caramel sauce. Would you like to know my New Year’s resolutions?
In 2018, I solemnly resolve to:
1. Lose 10 pounds. I stepped on the scale the other day, and it said “One person at a time.”
2. Upgrade my kitchen with paintable cabinets. Paintable, because I’m a man who frequently changes his mind.
3. Write another cookbook. (Do you have my current cookbook?)
4. Make travel plans with Mr. Fox. He says “Ireland.” I say “Paris.” He says “You’ve already eaten your way through Paris. Twice.”
5. Learn to pronounce Erin go bragh.
6. Adopt a puppy.
7. Adopt a crow. Or, rather, continue to feed the crows that already visit every morning. They love the roasted, unsalted peanuts I throw out for them.
8. Convince PBS to give me my own cooking/gardening/lifestyle show.
9. Make more cooking/gardening/lifestyle videos for YouTube. Because PBS said “No how-no way.”
My tenth resolution is the most important resolution of all:
10. Participate in making the world a better place. For everyone.
And what are your resolutions for the new year? To help you keep them, please know that I’m rooting for you!