“MR. DE MILLE, I’M READY FOR MY CLOSE UP.” Did you take my recent Movie Quiz? Good for you! Here are the winners names, along with the correct answers to the quiz:
The winners, as selected by Random.org:
Cherish Newman, Jules G., and Shannon Kelly
Congratulations Cherish, Jules, and Shannon! To collect your stainless steel micro-zester, just send me a note.
And here is The Quiz, with the correct answers in italics:
1. Which horror film has the most sequels?
a. Nightmare on Elm Street
c. Friday the 13th
2. In Tim Burton’s “Dark Shadows,” what did Barnabus Collins say when he heard The Carpenter’s “On top of the World” play on a radio?
a. “Reveal yourself, tiny songstress!”
b. “You call that music?”
c. “I need a drink.”
3. The romantic comedy “You’ve Got Mail” was based upon which earlier film?
a. It Happened One Night
b. The Shop Around the Corner
c. Desk Set
4. Which movie ends with this final line: “Why, she wouldn’t even harm a fly” ?
c. Scream 2
5. Which movie tackled the problem of alcoholism?
a. All About Eve
b. The Lost Weekend
c. Ace in the Hole
6. Which of the following films was based upon a best-selling novel by Agatha Christie?
a. The Man Who Knew Too Much
b. The Egg and I
c. Murder on the Orient Express
7. “After all, tomorrow is another day” was the last line from which Oscar-winning Best Picture?
a. Great Expectations
b. Gone with the Wind
c. It Happened One Night
8. What was the name of the killer clown in Stephen King’s “It”?
9. Who are the only actresses to win the Best Actress Oscar two years consecutively?
a. Meryl Streep and Elizabeth Taylor
b. Katharine Hepburn and Luise Rainer
c. Joan Crawford and Julia Roberts
10. Which of the following actresses did not star in “The Witches of Eastwick”?
a. Molly Ringwald
c. Michelle Phieffer
11. In a famous film from 1950, who said “Mr. DeMille, I’m ready for my close up”?
a. Gloria Swanson
b. Bette Davis
c. Ingrid Bergman
12. Which two movies have received the most Oscar nominations ever?
a. Ben Hur and Gone with the Wind
b. Schindler’s List and Forest Gump
c. All About Eve and Titanic
13. Who is the oldest actress to win an Academy Award?
a. Jessica Tandy
b. Helen Mirren
c. Maggie Smith
14. What is the name of Alfred Hitchcock’s last movie?
b. Family Plot
15. Who is the first African-American actor to win an Oscar for Best Actor?
a. Sidney Poitier
b. Denzel Washington
c. James Earl Jones
16. Which future superstar made his feature film debut in “Nightmare on Elm Street”?
a. Johnny Depp
b. Matt Dillon
c. Adam Sandler
17. In what classic horror film is the killer’s name Michael Myers?
b. Friday the 13th
c. Nightmare on Elm Street
18. Who played the vampire in the original (1985) film “Fright Night”?
a. Chris Sarandon
b. Jonathan Friday
c. Colin Farrell
19. Who played Angelique in Tim Burton’s “Dark Shadows”?
a. Helena Bonham Carter
b. Lara Parker
c. Eva Green
20. In which feature film did Doris Day sing “Que Sera, Sera” ?
a. Pillow Talk
b. The Man Who Knew Too Much
c. Calamity Jane
What’s your favorite kind of movie? Do you prefer romantic comedies? Thrillers? Anything starring Cary Grant? Speak up in the comments field below!
Don’t miss anything at A Garden for the House…sign up for Kevin’s weekly newsletter.